Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [ejb-dev] [External] : Please give your estimate of when you will complete your tasks for Jakarta EE 9.1 TCKs ...

On 3/19/21, 4:43 PM, "David Blevins" <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > On Mar 19, 2021, at 8:39 AM, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    > If we're releasing a new spec, we should release a new TCK so the versions match.

We are releasing a new _Platform_  spec, not new Activation, Mail, etc... specs, JAF and Mail service releases were able to pass existing 9.0 standalone TCKs on both - JDK 8 as well as JDK 11.
Given that NO API changes were allowed in included specs, I'd expect that the new 9.1 platform release implementation should pass even the 9.0 platform TCK release `as is` at least on JDK 8 (I don't recall if JDK 8 is a "must" right now but I think you get the point). Don't take me wrong, I understand the need for the new Platform TCK release. It's just about that the Platform itself advertised that nothing should be changed at the components/included specs level.

    To be clear, that can literally be done by just uploading the existing TCK again with a new version.  Doesn't have to be fancy.

Right, OTOH it is still some work which has to be done and which someone has to do.

    That said, the signature files will likely have changed because we added signature test files for each API on Java 11.

Some standalone TCKs already included signature tests for Java 11 in 9.0 release.

thanks,
--lukas

    -David