Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Please give your estimate of when you will complete your tasks for Jakarta EE 9.1 TCKs ...

> On Mar 19, 2021, at 9:33 AM, Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 3/19/21 11:39 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>> If we're releasing a new spec, we should release a new TCK so the versions match.
> I think that the below question is  referring to the various Standalone TCKs.  The SPEC APIs are not changing for Jakarta EE 9.1.  I think if they were, the various SPEC APIs version would be incremented (e.g. Servlet would change from 5.0 to 5.1).
>
> But since Servlet is still going to be 5.0, the Standalone Servlet TCK will still use the 5.0.x versioning as per our current versioning scheme.
>
> Make sense?  If not, IMO we should break off the versioning discussion into a new thread on the Platform mailing list.

See my reply that any TCK only being updated with new signature tests and no new spec only needs a service release.

I think we're on the same page.

-David

Back to the top