Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Please give your estimateof when you will complete your tasks for Jakarta EE 9.1 TCKs ...

On 3/19/21 12:35 PM, Werner Keil wrote:

If there is only a standalone TCK for EJB that David mentioned or others with a 5.1 or 5.0.1 change, is there no Collection or BOM that also Needs to Change on the platform Level?

I believe that https://jakarta.ee/specifications is the only collection of records.  For example, the Servlet 5.0 SPEC link https://jakarta.ee/specifications/servlet/5.0 currently refers to the latest (EE 9.0) Servlet TCK https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/servlet/5.0/jakarta-servlet-tck-5.0.1.zip but I expect that will change for EE 9.1 to link to https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/servlet/5.0/jakarta-servlet-tck-5.02.zip.

Scott

Werner

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Von: Scott Marlow
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. März 2021 17:33
An: David Blevins; Lukas Jungmann
Cc: jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; glassfish developer discussions; jakartaee-platform developer discussions; ejb developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Please give your estimateof when you will complete your tasks for Jakarta EE 9.1 TCKs ...

On 3/19/21 11:39 AM, David Blevins wrote:

If we're releasing a new spec, we should release a new TCK so the versions match.

I think that the below question is  referring to the various Standalone TCKs.  The SPEC APIs are not changing for Jakarta EE 9.1.  I think if they were, the various SPEC APIs version would be incremented (e.g. Servlet would change from 5.0 to 5.1).

But since Servlet is still going to be 5.0, the Standalone Servlet TCK will still use the 5.0.x versioning as per our current versioning scheme.

Make sense?  If not, IMO we should break off the versioning discussion into a new thread on the Platform mailing list.

Scott