From:        Lilian BENOIT <lilian.benoit@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Jan Supol <jan.supol@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        06/21/2019 07:19 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace
Sent by:        jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jan,

Dependency graph is a view for helping, I hope. But it's don't say that
transition will be simple.
Goal is to have global picture for dependency view (API only, i agree)

Following dependencies are visible on graph :
  javax.activation.DataSource (dependency javax.xml.bind ->
javax.activation)
  javax.xml.bind.JAXBElement

Following dependencies aren't visible on graph :
  javax.validation.ValidationException
  javax.xml.ws.Provider
But these are constraints for implementation.

This graph concern API only, you are right, the task is more complex for
implementation  of each specifications.
But Users concerns must be to front. Because success of this transition
is adoption for developers, customers and community.

Regard,
Lilian.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lilian-benoit/jkta/master/src/main/resources/depends.png

https://github.com/tomitribe/jkta/pull/1