Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

Ok folks, more data for us to look at.

I've created a report of transitive dependents to answer the question, "if we rename api foo, what else has to be renamed?"

  - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/namespace/transitive.adoc

Note we did have a report that showed maven dependencies.  This is the logical inverse of a maven dependency graph.  It's the incoming dependencies, transitively walked backwards.

An example of why this is important.

  - fact: javax.ejb has a maven dependency on javax.transaction, javax.xml.rpc and javax.xml.rpc.soap
  - question: Does renaming javax.ejb cause javax.transaction, javax.xml.rpc and avax.xml.rpc.soap to be renamed?
  - answer: No. These apis do not have a reference to javax.ejb and therefore could stay in javax even if javax.ejb is renamed

This graph was created by collecting all the jars published to Maven central in the jakarta groupId, parsing them with ASM to collect any form of "import", then chopping them up by logical api package.

If you want to play with the code, you can find it here.  I apologize in advance for the relative mess -- the code wasn't really created for sharing and therefore will be hard to follow.

  - https://github.com/tomitribe/jkta

-David

Back to the top