Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] javax.inject

Am Freitag, den 07.06.2019, 10:30 +0200 schrieb Mike Milinkovich:
Bob Lee is listed personally as the second Spec Lead for JSR 330. He said no,
which I find very disappointing. We have to deal with that.

It's an indicator but has no final say who owns the IP.
Bob was potentially just representing Google Inc.

Bill and Roberto did also not own all the IP for whole EE personally but just have been on behalf of Sun resp Oracle. But yet they are listed personally, not as Sun rep.

Anyway. Given your interpretation of the legal situation we have 2 conclusions:

* javax.inject should better also get moved to jakarta.inject
* big bang is the way to go, incremental is basically off the table due to legal considerations (in your interpretation we would still need to _also_ pass the old EE TCKs - which are not freely available)

Do others share this interpretation?
If so I'm happy that we now got 2 concrete problems clarified and can continue working towards getting something concrete out of the door.

Why this is important to me personally: as you might know I've already ported over quite some ASF projects to jakarta.*. And while doing so I hit a road blocker with Arquillian which is prominently using javax.inject. And before porting all the Arquillian universe from javax.* to jakarta.* I'd love to get the necessity acked. Ofc others will hit this as well when they start digging into actual coding things.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Back to the top