Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] javax.inject

Hi Bill!

> Our choices are to either use it as a dependency, and thus require
> Jakarta EE vendors to accept the JCP spec license for JSR-330,
> or to fork it.

The API (including JavaDocs) _and_ the TCK [1][2] are all available under ALv2. There is no JCP license needed for the TCK!
So no, afaict we do not inherit any JCP license into Jakarta. Or did I overlook something?

Btw, moving the existing JavaDocs to ESL is legally not possible. The ALv2 only allows sub-licensing but NOT re-licensing!

Whether we should move javax.inject to jakarta.inject or not is another story, but there is no legal need afaict.
Also the current bits would remain (C) as they are and ALv2. Only _newly_ added bits which clealy pass the threshold of originality might adhere under the ESL+ETCKL in the future. Just replacing the package name and other smallish changes clearly do not pass the bar to create originary IP.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/inject/javax.inject-tck/1/javax.inject-tck-1.pom
[2] https://github.com/javax-inject/javax-inject