Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Fork Eclipse MicroProfile Configuration as Jakarta Configuration.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 1:43 PM, reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry we are having such a hard time understanding each other.

Let's start from the beginning and clarify some assumptions. I think it will be fairly clear pretty quickly where the differences in values are.

First, do you see the value in Java EE and Jakarta EE as open standards?

Secondly, do you acknowledge that MicroProfile is not an open standard today?

I don’t think the EF is a formal standards body  (at least yet)? I would use similar descriptions for both: open source specs vs dejure standard, both divest more power in the contributor than a committee of industry reps..  Jakarta EE has a bit more structure and that MP could benefit from.

Thirdly, do you understand the concern why having two competing open standards is a very risky proposition for any ecosystem?

I don’t see them as competing, rather serving different audiences / use-cases. Projects can always use both together. Although of course if everything is forked thats going to make that harder.

I will urge you again, however that this is a mailing list with many people probably with busy lives. We should learn to understand when a point of diminishing returns has been reached and there is no possibility of reconciliation because the values gap is simply too great

Sure. thread count is getting up there :) Thanks for the dialogue.

-Jason

Reza Rahman