Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Fork Eclipse MicroProfile Configuration as Jakarta Configuration.

> I can understand why Jakarta EE specs may wish to depend on
> MicroProfile config, but I'm not sure forking it is the right idea.
> Is there another option? Are there IP issues, or technical issues
> that constrain you from using MicroProfile Config as it is?

Yes, there is another option...  Wait a month or so while MicroProfile figures out a Working Group proposal.  The MP community and the EF are both in favor of establishing a separate MP Working Group as a first step.  Once this is established, then the Specifications (and APIs and TCKs) will all be properly covered from an IP standpoint and they could be consumable by Jakarta EE projects.  This way, a Jakarta EE project such as NoSQL could then specify a dependency on MP Config without having to fork the project and create this potential confusion with multiple "configuration projects".

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

http://twitter.com/otaviojava