Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Fork Eclipse MicroProfile Configuration as Jakarta Configuration.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 8:33 AM, Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, there is another option...  Wait a month or so while MicroProfile figures out a Working Group proposal.  The MP community and the EF are both in favor of establishing a separate MP Working Group as a first step.  Once this is established, then the Specifications (and APIs and TCKs) will all be properly covered from an IP standpoint and they could be consumable by Jakarta EE projects.

Right.  And specifically we don't just need the Working Group in place with a specification process, but we need to actually do a release of MicroProfile Config under that process.

We're a few months away from having IP clean enough for any proposal on the Jakarta side to move forward.

In short, our current status: eat your meat so you can have your pudding. :)

-David

Back to the top