Re: [ide-dev] Beware MSFT bullshit

On 21 Mar 2017, at 18:52, Doug Schaefer wrote:

From: <ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>> on behalf of Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>> Reply-To: Discussions about the IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 1:10 PM
To: "ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] Beware MSFT bullshit

On 03/21/2017 05:48 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

We shouldn't really give more fire to this

On the other hand, we should let wrong or bad information about Eclipse and VSCode being propagated without saying anything. It's also important that we defend the image of Eclipse IDE and identify good arguments to do so.

There’s something to be said too for not feeding the Trolls. I’m not sure if this article has changed anyone’s perspective 13 months later. Especially if anyone actually tried it.

At any rate, my real point is that, sooner or later, VS.Code will catch up if it’s at all a worthy platform. And it’s interesting that it’s fellow Eclipsers making that possible. So I’m not sure how much complaining I’d lock into the time vault that is the Internet. It may prove counter productive in the end.

+1, actually fix the issues that vscode is solving would be the right answer to this kind of fud.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top