[ide-dev] TM4E (not) in EPP

On 03/21/2017 05:48 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
(I still hope the textmate support becomes into EPP packages sooner rather than later ;)
Having textmate support in EPP doesn't give much value to end-users, just like having language-server protocol support. The value will come to users once there are some downstream Eclipse.org projects relying on those and shipping some textmate grammars and concrete language server integrations for new languages.
There are already good examples using both TM4E and LSP4E (for PHP, C#) or only one of those (CSS, HTML+CSS+JS), but they're currently still experiments, not at Eclipse.org so nor part of EPP. We'll probably investigate using VSCode language server as an alternative to WTP HTML/JS/CSS editors soon, but it's not an immediate plan for anyone AFAIK.

I'm personally trying to improve aCute (C# relying on TM4E and LSP4E). It is already available on Marketplace and I would like it to work decently without big quirks for Oxygen release.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top