Van: "Sven Efftinge (sven@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <sven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Aan: "Discussions about the IDE" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Verzonden: Maandag 13 juni 2016 22:10:01
Onderwerp: Re: [ide-dev] Language Server Protocol

Hi Mickael,

I've put a small example together that should give you an idea of how the LanguageServer API works:
https://github.com/TypeFox/languageserver-example

Let me know if it helps.
Sven

On 06/10/2016 10:08 PM, Sven Efftinge ( sven@xxxxxxxxxxx ) wrote:

A Java implementation of the protocol, that is VS Code independent can be found here: https://github.com/TypeFox/ls-api
It defines all the structures in Java interfaces and beans and takes care of the (de)serialization to/from json.
It is currently used by Che, Xtext, and the a JavaC based java language server.
Thanks Sven.
I'm trying to use this API to connect to VSCode implementation of language server (shipped with VSCode or with https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-languageserver-node ) . As I'm new to ls-api and not fluent enough in JS/TS to find out the connection strategy by reading the code from vscode-ls-node, I'm currently stuck at setting up the connection to this external language server.
Does the ls-api allow connections to this external language server? In any case, do you have any example or hint of how to achieve that?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat