[ide-dev] Window Dressing

Hi all,

If you gave me a small pile of cash and let me spend it on whatever I wanted to to improve Eclipse user experience*, I’d say… “Icons!"

Seriously. The current icon set is more than showing it’s age. Despite devs wanting to think that we’re above all of this, L&F _matters_, and I think a new set of core flat, simple chromatic icons would do wonders for user perception and help us all enjoy using the tooling more. It could also align w/ a move toward more web oriented tools.

I wonder if I’m totally alone here or if there are others that would support this as a priority?

cheers!

Miles

*I recognize that noone is ever going to do that. This is just a thought experiment. ;-D

Miles T. Parker | Tasktop Labs | Tasktop Technologies
email: miles.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: web: http://tasktop.com  | blog: http://milesparker.blogspot.com

Committer: Eclipse Mylyn Reviews, R4E, Virgo
Lead: Eclipse Mylyn MFT, AMP

Back to the top