Re: [hudson-dev] Mobile responsivness

I know about both Bootstrap and Foundation. I never used Skeleton. In another project, I started out with Foundation. It is an excellent framework. Eventually I switched to Bootstrap because of some issues in Foundation 5 and couldn't find documentation or forum support to resolve them.

- Winston
I searched for other CSS-centric web frameworks than Bootstrap and found Foundation <http://foundation.zurb.com/> and Skeleton <http://getskeleton.com/>.

Foundation is similar to Bootstrap in concept and is also licensed by the MIT License.  Its CSS file is a bit larger than Bootstrap but it wouldn't be a big problem IMO.  It seems as widely used as Bootstrap is and it might be an alternative to Bootstrap if we don't need glyphicons at all.

Skeleton, on the other hand, is more primitive and smaller in CSS file size (1/10 even without minimization) but still has grid-based layout responsiveness, and is also licensed by the MIT License.  As it is smaller than Bootstrap or Foundation, It has fewer components but basic HTML elements, and doesn't use _javascript_, either.  If we want to customize our UI heavily, it might be most flexible since it is pure CSS without any preprocessor like Less or Sass.

Finally in regard to mobile usability, Foundation and Skeleton uses larger default line height (160%) than Bootstrap does (140%).  It would make it easier to tap linked text on small devices.  It is one of the good points of the two, I think.