Re: [epp-dev] Contribute the embedcdt projects to EPP

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 4:28 PM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mickael,

I would like to revisit this item.

Based on the discussion me and others had after your last email, (JEE vs Java IDE EPPs, etc) do you have any objection to an Embedded C/C++ EPP? I understand the order of operations needed (i.e. get required projects into SimRel first, have a maintainter/owner - these are in hand). I really want to see this in place soon, ideally for 2020-12.

Please let me know your current thoughts.

I still have some concerns about the "DevEx" of all that, exactly as I have some concerns about having a Java IDE and an Enterprise Java IDE (that is an anti-pattern to me and a less welcoming entry to Eclipse IDE than what competiting IDEs do offer, so not the best thing to mimic, but YMMV).
However, I don't have a strong expertise nor objectives on the topic of C++ or Embedded development with Eclipse IDE, so feel free to proceed as you think is best.

Cheers,

Back to the top