Re: [eclipselink-users] Serious bug in EclipseLink sequencepre-allocation

Hi Chris,

The details are that the context is per definition no longer available
afaik. What astonishes me is that TopLink Essentials still provides
some kind of extended context unexpectedly, so, may be, one could say,
TLE has the context while EclipseLink doesn't. I enjoyed that feature
and utilised it in the web tier.

I have a plain vanilla transaction scoped Entitymanager in a stateless
session bean. The web tier calls a session bean method and works with
the entity returned by the session bean.

The feature broke when I switched to EclipseLink. I was not surprised
as I had I annotated my code with warnings.

My question is whether this behavior which is probably a TopLink
Essentials feature that does not conform with the specification, is
something that can be had by other means or whether I should just
forget about it, or whether I should file a bug against TLE?

Many thanks again,

Bernard