[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipse.org-project-leadership] Use of GitHub Issues by Eclipse Projects
- From: Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 21:11:33 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Eclipse Foundation
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.3.0
On 10/11/2015 10:36 AM, Simon Bernard wrote:
This solution exist, this is gitlab. This is open source and could be
hosted by the eclipse foundation.
Gitlab seems to resolve all the issues raised here. I think this
solution should be really considered.
We have had a few conversations about Gitlab amongst the staff. And
although it shows promise, changing all of our hosted infrastructure
over to something new is pretty scary.
I mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but to re-iterate: these
decisions are related to only those projects who are hosting their
day-to-day development on GitHub. There was no intention to move all of
the Eclipse community off of the git/Bugzilla/Gerrit/CBI infrastructure
that we have today. I think some people are reading more into this than
is really there.