Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] [eclipse.org-board] Usage of the New Eclipse Logo

Then how would this protect the brand hijacking if I can take the icon and change it?  Or conversely if we protect it as well, then it seems that we would be complexifying the license of Eclipse itself.

So my question, are we really hurt by those logos appearing on a truck or elsewhere?

While I'm at it, I have questions about the following sentence:
      > The logo is reserved solely for the use of the Eclipse Foundation and its projects. In particular, the Eclipse project will use the new logo in its unaltered form.
Many companies today use the Eclipse logo here and there on their site to promote that they are selling consulting, training (e.g. sell training on modeling), and I'm wondering how this change would impact those.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30/01/2014 10:52 AM, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
Assuming the logos will also be the base of the icons used in the various distros, under which license will the icons be made available?

That's a good question. My knee-jerk reaction is that the icons would be EPL, but we need to think this through.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.220.3223