RE: [cross-project-issues-dev] Re:[eclipse.org-planning-council] RE: EclipseCon memory stick andGanymede M5

Another alternative that comes to mind is Apache Harmony. Or perhaps IBM would be willing to give us J9 under the same license terms they gave to Apache Harmony when it was bootstrapping?

From: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schaefer, Doug
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:18 PM
To: eclipse.org-planning-council
Subject: Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Re:[eclipse.org-planning-council] RE: EclipseCon memory stick andGanymede M5

Have we considered negotiating with BEA for a different license? They and Oracle are Strategic Members and we may have some latitude here, no? And, actually, the same should be true of IBM. They should be clamoring over who gets to be the official JRE of Eclipse. I must be missing something here...

Doug.