[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Board Member Elections 2010

Denis suggested on my blog that I send this reminder to the committer mailing list. Feel free to ignore if you have already voted in the 2010 Eclipse Foundation Board election.

Voting is open until March 12, 3 pm Eastern time. Committer members elect three committer representatives for a one-year term starting April 2010. The committer candidates and their vision statements can be found at [1].

To vote, check if you received an email from emo@xxxxxxxxxxx on Feb 19, 2009. It contains the URL for voting, as well as the required voting password. If you haven't received a voting password, you are probably not (yet) an Eclipse member, and have to sign the membership agreement first. Details can be found at [2] and [3].

For comments, questions, or follow-up discussion, let's use the forum [4].

Thanks,
Boris

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/org/elections/nominees.php
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/membership/become_a_member/committer.php
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/membership/become_a_member/membershipProcess.php
[4] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.board.committer.reps

Mike Milinkovich wrote:
> It is that time of year again: the 2010 elections(*) for the Eclipse
> Foundation Board of Directors will soon be upon us.

> (*) This page will soon be updated with details of the 2010 elections.
>
> Based on the number of strategic members as of December 31, 2009,
> there will be three elected committer representatives and three
> elected add-in provider representatives on next year's board. The
> terms of office are from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.

> Key Dates:
>
> ·         January 11, 2010: Nominations open. To nominate someone,
> simply send an email to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx.

> ·         January 28, 2010: Nominations close
> ·         February 1, 2010: Deadline for nominees to return their
> content to emo@

> ·         February 3, 2010: List of nominees published on www.eclipse.org
> ·         February 8, 2010: Nominees' personal pages made available on
> www.eclipse.org.

> ·         February 22, 2010: Voting begins
> ·         March 12, 2010: Voting ends at 3pm Eastern time
> ·         March 22, 2010: New representatives announced at the
> Membership Meeting at EclipseCon

> These positions are important! I can assure you that the elected
> directors on the Eclipse Board are a real asset to the governance of
> our community.

> Thanks,
>
> Mike Milinkovich
> Executive Director