[eclipse.org-committers] What is appropriate use of this list

Ok... so lets instead have a discussion about what is appropriate for this list. It's a public list. It's for committers. Spamming implies abuse of a resource, which I think is an unfair classification for at least half of this discussion, personally. Use of the repositories and version control systems to me seems quite appropriate given the relevance to all committers. Getting help installing SVN itself has been agreed to not be the correct place for this discussion, to which I also agree. We initially had this list closed to anything but announcements from anyone but the Foundation however many people asked for us to open it and we have done so (many months ago now). Doug S and others recently expressed interest in sharing this kind of information on the list. You clearly do not agree. We're a community, so a public consensus is probably the best way to handle it.

Karl

Masterson, Michael P wrote:
For the love of all that is holy and good in this world: Please stop
spamming the committers list (not just you walter but everyone
responding to this thread). :'-(

There are plenty of other interweb means of having this discussion (
message boards, newsgroups, etc ).

Back to the top