[eclipse.org-committers] Committer Election Replan

All,

As you may have realized from Bjorn's recent note, he will no longer be running in the committer election.
This, plus Mike Norman's decision to join the Board as a strategic developer representative means that our nominees have gone from four to two in the past week and a half.

This leaves us with a choice: we can either cancel the election process and vote in John and Kai by acclamation, or restart the election process and solicit additional nominations.

John, Bjorn, Kai and I believe that it is important that the committers have a choice in the elections. A second consideration is that there is a very real chance that new strategic members of the board will mean that we will require three committer reps rather than two.

Based on this, I would like to propose that we restart the committer elections and run them on the following schedule.

Feb 7-11: Nominations to be sent by email to
emo@xxxxxxxxxxx.
Feb 14: nominees provide their info to the EMO.

Feb 16-18: nominees' info made available on the website
Feb 21-25: voting

Feb 28 --- winners announced

The Add-in Provider elections will run on their current schedule.

So, please: if you're interested in running, put your name forward.

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director,
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Office: 613-224-9461 x228