Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Bjorn Freeman-Benson resigns as your Committer Representative to the Board

Best wishes in your new role, Bjorn.  And thanks for your hard work as our
representative, in particular for improving the clarity of communication
between the projects and EMO.

Nick

"Bjorn Freeman-Benson" <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-committers-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/03/2005 08:14 PM
Please respond to
eclipse.org-committers

<eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[eclipse.org-committers] Bjorn Freeman-Benson resigns as your Committer
Representative to the Board

Committers,
It has been my privilege to represent the Committers on the Board this
past year, and I have very much enjoyed working with you to encourage the
Foundation in the right directions - directions that provide direct
benefit to the Open Source Projects and to the committer and contributor
community. One of the major agendas that John Wiegand and I have been
pushing is to have the EMO dedicate more resources to directly supporting
the Projects. Fortunately, the Board has agreed with us and as of February
15th, the EMO will have a "Technical Director, Open Source Process and
Infrastructure". John and I view this as a big positive step for Eclipse
and for the Projects and are pleased.

The reason I am resigning as one of your two Committer Representatives and
withdrawing my name from the upcoming Committer Representative Elections
is that I am going to be that Technical Director, Open Source Process and
Infrastructure. I am joining the EMO because I believe I can do more for
the Committers and the rest of the community and the ecosystem in this new
full-time (probably more than full-time!) role than I could as a part-time
member of the Board.

I look forward to working with you all and doing what I can to help
Eclipse become even bigger and even more amazing over the next year, two
years, five years, and beyond. There's a lot coming up just in the short
term and that's just the start of a spectacular future for Eclipse. I'm
privileged to have been your Representative and now even more so to be
your advocate and assistant.

Regards,
Bjorn Freeman-Benson

Back to the top