Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
RE: [] EAC Minutes - Aug 14

Hi Mike,
my current understanding is, that only the EMO can appoint members,
and the council itself can propose members to the EMO to get appointed.
Therefore, the way we did this last year (and I think it was a good way
to do it), was this:
1. Existing EAC members proposed names of new members on the
    list, asking the other EAC members whether they thought it would
    be good candidates.
2. Candidate proposals are discussed on the mailing list,
3. If disucssion is positive, candidates are proposed to the EMO
    for appointment.
4. The EMO asks candidates whether they would accept their
    invitation to the EAC, and if yes, appoints them.
Does this sound good as a process, or am I missing something?
Or are there ways to simplify the process?
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member

From: Mike Milinkovich [mailto:mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:11 AM
To: Oberhuber, Martin; bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [] EAC Minutes - Aug 14

I am curious if “Everyone to propose new members on the mailing list” really means “appoint them to the architecture council”?


From: [] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:34 PM
Subject: [] EAC Minutes - Aug 14


Hi all,


the minutes of the call we just had are now online:


For the attendee list, here is what I got:

·  Signed-up: Mary Ruddy, Darin Swanson, John Arthorne, Eugene Chan, Brian Fitzpatrick, Martin Oberhuber, Mik Kersten, Ingo Muschenetz, Bjorn Freeman-Benson, Richard Gronback, Michael Scharf, Andrew Overholt, Oisin Hurley, Markus Knauer, Tom Watson, Neil Haug, Ed Merks, Brett Porter, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Steve Northover

·  Tentative: John Duimovich,

·  Regrets: Harm Sluiman, John Wiegand, Oliver Cole, Mike Wilson, Darin Wright


Those who are not mentioned or misspelt, please add yourselves to the
Wiki (next time, you can avoid this by repsonding the Google Calendar

Invitation -- just click on the "I come" or "I won't come" link.


Avoid editing the Wiki only while the call is ongoing and 1 hour after,

since this is when the Notestaker makes changes (and needs to

merge otherwise).

Action Items

  • Boris to start a "top 10 architectural best practices" thread on the mailing list - Note that the already has a dangling link for a WIki page for this.
  • MichaelS to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
  • Bjorn or Anne to add a "year of appointment" to members on the councils page
  • Martin to draft an E-Mail to for review, inviting to put EAC on CC of bugs
    • Martin to send E-Mail to EAC list as a reminder for "Architectural Walkthrough". Will propose this to the public only when we get one more project so sign up (in addition to mylyn) to make the review by putting together material (slideware, ...)
    • Martin to propose alternate meeting scheme on the mailing list
    • Martin to create bugzilla bugs for the ISchedulingRule and LGPL discussions
  • Everyone to think about time commitments that can be made for "architectural things" at Eclipse
  • Everyone to propose new members on the mailing list



Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River

Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member



Back to the top