Re: [eclipse-scripting-dev] Requesting a stable update site for EASE

The individual download pages make no mention of the unrefined nature of the downloads.

e.g. http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/R-0.14-201306242200/index.html

There is no way that somebody who stumbles up on this page could know that the 0.14 download has not undergone a release review.

"0.14-checkpoint" suggests to me that there will be a 0.14 release.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I don't see this as semantic quibbling. These are effectively releases that you are encouraging the community to download and use. If there is functionality within the project that has reached the point where it needs this sort of exposure, it's time to find a new home for it.

I recommend that you work with the PMC to sort out a solution.

Wayne