Re: [eclipse-scripting-dev] Initial list of requirements

Hi and thanks for these suggestions Mickael J!

We’ll study them and will come back to you if needed.

Pierre

De : eclipse-scripting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-scripting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Mickael Istria
Envoyé : lundi 2 septembre 2013 18:46
À : eclipse-scripting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [eclipse-scripting-dev] Initial list of requirements

I just had a look at the list of requirements, and that strongly reminds me of something Ketan Padegaonkar (former SWTBot lead) developed some years ago. He wrote a JRuby console for Eclipse which allowed to invoke both Eclipse APIs and SWTBot APIs.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a reference to this piece of work. I suggest you get in touch with him directly via e-mail. Although he's not actively contributing to Eclipse any longer, he's always been helpful when I contacted him recently.

I see the requirements say "language agnostic", but targets _javascript_, Python, Groovy and Ruby. This is a good opportunity to take advantage of JSR-223 with the javax.script APIs. However, JSR-223 is not fully language agnostic as it only supports the languages which implemented support for it (but this includes the 4 ones in this list).
If you plan to implement a generic support for all these languages, I advise you also read archive of the ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing-list and explain your goals there. There is currently an ongoing discussion on how to better factorize language tools at Eclipse. You use-cases and insights could help to drive a nicer implementations of most *DT.

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

Back to the top