[eclipse-scripting-dev] Relationship with SWTBot

Hi all,

I don't know much about the "Scripting" initiative, but for what I've red of the archives of this mailing-list, it seems to me that scripting is somehow related to SWTBot (or Jubula) goals.
Since SWTBot introduced the recorder, it becomes simple enough to record a set of UI actions as Java code. This code is currently to be recompiled in order to be executed, but it would be possible to get this code interpreted a executed on the fly for example by using Groovy executor.
So it seems to me that SWTBot allows this "record and execute macro" use-case which seems to be the aim of the scripting thing.

Did I understand correctly the goal of "scripting" ? Does this suggestion of using SWTBot makes sense to you?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat