Re: [eclipse-pmc] Eclipse project indigo release review slides

> "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 05/31/2011 08:10 PM
> Perhaps it was due to opening the .odp file with Powerpoint 2010,
> but in my version the footer of the slides still read “helios” and © 2010.

I don't see where that is coming from, but I will be submitting PDF and I will make sure the footer is correct.

> On the Bugzilla statistics, I found it remarkable that 4600 were
> resolved but only 2070 + 511 had target milestones … I assume that
> the rest was found to be duplicate, WORKSFORME or invalid, which is
> a 50% rate that seems remarkably high. Remarkable also that 2200
> others were added to the backlog and not marked duplicate or resolved.

There were also roughly 500 bugs marked fixed in the Indigo period with no target milestone. It's hard to say anything definitive about these. Some appear to be for development tasks that don't appear in builds, like web site work. Also all of the Java 7 bug fixes fall into that category. I suspect about half of those 500 were actually fixed in Indigo but the committer failed to set the target milestone. But in the end it is roughly 3000 FIXED, 1500 INVALID/DUPLICATE/etc.

And yes, our backlog increased as it does every year. We now have 21,000 bugs open. Here is an interesting graph of open bugs plotted over time:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/chart.cgi?category=e4&subcategory=UI&name=1364&label0=Open+Platform&line0=288&label1=Open+PDE&line1=272&label2=Open+JDT&line2=240&label3=Open+e4&line3=1364&gt=1&labelgt=Grand+Total&datefrom=2001-10-10&dateto=2011-05-30&action-wrap=Chart+This+List

John

Back to the top