Re: [cdt-dev] Memory view and monitor

> On 29 Jan 2020, at 03:37, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering is there a cheap/easy trick to at least force it to 32-bit mode and maybe limit range which will be allowed to access?
>
> I think you can do this in the Debugger Console (or gdbinit)[1]:
> mem 0 0 rw 32 cache
> ... use GDB's mem and related commands[1].
> [1] https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Memory-Region-Attributes.html#Memory-Region-Attributes

Ah, it took me a second read to understand your proposal.

You mean to issue some commands to GDB (probably in the debug configuration page) to inform it on the actual memory regions characteristics, and then be sure that the memory viewer gets these characteristics back and issues accesses accordingly.

I don't know how complicated this might be, but I think it is worths investigating.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top