Re: [cdt-dev] Cmake support

> On 24 Jan 2020, at 18:15, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My question then is does anyone rely on core build version of cmake? Is there anyone planning on doing any development work in that area. CDT ecosystem, to have a successful future, needs proper cmake support and needs to have a system that users aren't provided with confusing or incomplete solutions.

I plan to add xPack Build support, but I don't know details about core build.

The requirements of xpbuild are minimal, CDT only needs to manage a list of build configurations, and parse a compile_commands.json generated by xpbuild for each configuration.

The configuration is stored in a xpbuild.json, so no .cproject to worry about. Initially the configuration will be editted manually, with Properties settings pages to be added later (if ever).

I guess these requirements are similar to those of using cmake.

Any common solution would probably be appreciated for both projects.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top