Re: [cdt-dev] CDT upgraded to Photon target platform

On 10 March 2018 at 00:47, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You may also
>> have to update your dev environment to latest Photon as AFAIK
>> debugging and running target Eclipses requires your dev Eclipse to be
>> at least the target version number.
>
> Is this really the case? I've seen warning dialogs about this but I've ignored them so far, because it doesn't really seem sensible to require an _unstable_ (not yet released) version to be used for development (which is a _production_ use case from the point of view of the IDE product).

Most of the time it isn't. I have been testing the upgrade dev with
Oxygen.2. However you may run into problems. The last one I can
remember was running JUnit plug-in tests. The tests ran, but the JUnit
view did not contain any output and I had some exceptions. I think
this was due to the protocol changing in a non forward compatible way,
but I am not sure, it may have been different Milestones, not even
releases.

AFAIK the Eclipse Platform team upgrade on a nearly daily basis.

HTH
Jonah

Back to the top