[cdt-dev] CDT's officially supported (aka tested) versions of GDB

Hi folks,

I believe at some point in the past a decision was made on what is the
oldest version of GDB we officially support. However I can't find the
documentation/email about this. The closest I came is Marc K's update
to the tests[1].

GDB 7.5 is about 6 years old and I would like to propose that GDB 7.5
is the oldest version we officially support (aka actually test)
starting in Photon.

The reality is that we have only been running automated tests on only
GDB >= 7.5 for a while now. So I would like to get agreement and make
official what is happening in practice, or if people need support for
older GDBs to let us know so we can start testing them again.

I am working on cleaning up the debug test jobs on Jenkins[2] to get
them all back to Green dots.

Any thoughts?
Jonah

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/68906/