RE: [cdt-dev] Using MBSCustomPageManager etc.

There is a design doc attached to Bugzilla #90334 that you can look at.
There were some changes made over the course of implementation, but it
should give you the gist of things.  Hopefully during the doc milestones
for 3.1 I can update this and add it to the MBS extensibility document.

Without seeing your actual extension from your plugin.xml file and your
wizard page code, I can't say for sure what's going on.

Something that might be throwing you is that the page will be
instantiated regardless of whether or not it's visible, so that's why
your page is being called even though it's not shown.  The wizard has to
add all the possible pages when it starts up, and the page manager
dynamically figures out which ones to show/not show as the user
progresses through the wizard.

Try initially setting the extension for your page to specify no page
filtering criteria.  I.e., specify a wizardPage element but no
sub-elements for it.  That way the page should theoretically always be
shown, and if it isn't, you can narrow it down to the code side of
things.

If you need examples for pages, check the
org.eclipse.cdt.manangedbuilder.ui.tests plugin.  There are several
there.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
Texas Instruments, Toronto