Re: [cdt-dev] A few more clarifications

It will be enable if you have a debugging session.

I've been trying to use this option while I debug a program. I have a simple program that has integer variables as well as strings. The program gives a segmentation fault because I'm trying to access a null string somewhere. I know I can add expressions like i>5 that evaluate to 1 (true) or 0 (false) as the program runs. What I was wondering is whether should be able to add expressions like "myString==NULL"; basically expressions involving strings. If I do try to do that , an Error dialog pops up saying: "Evaluation of expression failed. Reason: mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object". However, that variable does exist and I'm actually using that exact expression in an if statement in the program.

* Project Context menu
- Add Bookmark option is always disabled

Bug, please PR.
Was broken in moving from Eclipse-1.0 to 2.0

Done. Bug# 26368

* If I check out a project from cvs, it is part of a repository therefore all the files in the project have the "Team" option in the context menu available for updating, committing, etc... However if I import this project into another Eclipse workspace, theTeam project options are not available. Shouldn't it maintain the information that the project is under cvs control because importing an existing project into a workspace appears to only form a link to the other workspace. It doesnt physically copy any files over.

The team/cvs plugin maintain its information in the .metadata so it is
not exported/shared.  If you want to "export" your project into
another workspace, that is probably not the right way to do it.
I do not really follow what you are trying todo.

What I am trying to do is import a particular project from another workspace into mine. This project that I'm importing is already part of a cvs repository. But when I import it, it no longer detects that it is part of the repository. I've figured out what to do though. After importing it, you have to go to its context menu -> Team -> Share Project for it to detect the CVS directories in it and enable all the sharing options. Isn't there some way for this to be done automatically instead of manually doing it? Does it make sense what I'm trying to do?

Alifiya

Back to the top