De : cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> De la part de Denis Roy
Envoyé : mardi 11 juin 2019 17:01
À : cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [cbi-dev] Interrogations on the new Jenkins/Kubernetes instances

I'm not a release engineer but I can repeat what I've read elsewhere:

On 2019-06-11 8:28 a.m., LE MENEZ Quentin wrote:

Hi Mikaël,

I tried correcting the points mentioned but found other problems. Again, if you could help me with them it’d be a great help:

1-      The first point I made was mainly about keeping the workspace for the downloaded maven dependencies which can be a pain to download every single time.(which, if I understood correctly will be the case if the workspace is deleted every single time)

This is an issue and I believe we have ideas for resolving this, but for now, the world needs to be re-downloaded every single time.

2-      I tried to add a promote step to the job but I cannot figure out how one would access the archive files from the job as the promote step is launched in another agent. I gather you can get them through a (curl ?) request but that can be a big overhead for larger project archives (e.g. RCPs, zipped p2s containing hundreds of plugins, …). There must be a way to do it cleanly but I didn’t find how.

If you're using a pipeline build, you can use stash for this:

https://jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/workflow-basic-steps/

3-      I tried to publish the contents in the same workspace state (after the build) but the ssh connection did not seem to get through (no error shown just a timeout).

Is the destination still /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org or should I call another destination ?

I think, so, based on these docs:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jenkins#How_do_I_deploy_artifacts_to_download.eclipse.org.3F

I don't have any answers for the rest, but I'm sure Mikael will chime in tomorrow.

Denis

As a bonus question it should be possible to use variables in the request but if I transform “ssh genie.shared@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mkdir –p /home/data/***” into “ssh $sshGenie@$sshRemote mkdir -p $destinationUpdateSite” it times out. Is it because the previously mentioned destination is erroneous ?

Thanks again,

Quentin

Ps : The zip command seem to only be available in the ‘migration’ profile. Should I open a bug for it to be integrated inside the “ui-test” (as I get the feeling that migration is not supposed to last) along the one for Gerrit problems ?

Pps: to provide further information I included the script I intended to use as a promotion script. If you see any kind of problems with it feel free to tell me J