Re: [aspectj-users] ERROR: ... must be declared in an aop.xml file

Ah, yes, I got it. I'll check if it advises itself. It very well could.

thanks!

-barry

Adrian Colyer wrote:
If you compile an aspect that advises itself, the resulting class file on disk will be woven. If this .class file is then used as input to the LTW process (loaded by the JVM when an LTW agent is defined), you get the error that you are seeing unless the aspect is defined in aop.xml. Changing the aspect definition to not advise itself (&& !within(MultiFactoryBeanConfigurerSupportFactoryAdder)) would be one way around this. The evil -XnoWeave used to be another option, but we took that away because it was, well, evil ;).

Back to the top