[asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc project proposal status and introduction

Hello everyone!

I submitted the draft proposal for the AsciiDoc specification, TCK, and related artifacts to the EMO (Eclipse Management Organization) on Thursday (03/05). Once the EMO finishes reviewing the proposal, it will be posted for community review for at least 2 weeks. I'll let you know when the proposal is up. (You can learn more about project proposals and the reviews they go through at https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#starting-proposal.)

I realize I forgot to introduce myself. I'm the co-lead of Asciidoctor, the Ruby implementation of AsciiDoc, and Antora, a static site generator for documentation that's built for AsciiDoc and depends on Asciidoctor.js. I use AsciiDoc because it's my favorite way to write and format content. Luckily, I get to work with AsciiDoc almost every day because I made it my day job. My company, OpenDevise, created Antora and sponsors its development. Since AsciiDoc is at the core of everything we do at OpenDevise, we've agreed to become a member of the working group.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the AsciiDoc specification take shape. I have no doubt it will provide the spark for many interesting and useful ideas, capabilities, and projects that I can't even imagine at this moment. But I'm most excited about meeting and working with the people who use, contribute to, and support AsciiDoc, its ecosystem, and its community.

Best regards,

Sarah

--
Sarah White