Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Proposing olinks

On 2/18/21 2:48 PM, Dave Gauer wrote:

> The 1:1 mapping problem has also bothered me because the output of a
> book (EPUB, PDF) vs. website (directory of HTML) are likely totally
> different things and in these scenarios, needing to link to "documents"
> or "sections in documents" in that output is just...WRONG.

Oops! I wanted exact opposite of the above. This is what I meant to say:

  "...needing to link to "files" or "sections in files" in that output
is just...WRONG."

We DO want to be able to link to "documents". The problem is linking to
"files" which may or may not exist.

Sorry about that.

-Dave Gauer

Back to the top