Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Proposing olinks

> On Feb 18, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Sylvain Leroux <sylvain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dave, David, thank you for this interesting discussion.
>
> On 18/02/2021 19:20, Dave Gauer wrote:
>> The idea of a "Document Set" as a body of AsciiDoc documents makes a
>> clear distinction between links inside the set and links outside the set:
> Can't the same document be _part or a set_ with one processor, but
> _outside_ of that set with another processor?

Perhaps, but I’d like to understand what you have in mind in more detail.

> This is purely speculative, but I can imagine a 1-1 mapping when
> converting AsciiDoc files to web pages, but the same sources documents
> ending in one or two large PDF when transforming it for print. Or is
> this a total non-sense?

I don’t know… perhaps you can explain more.

To me, in this discussion, the source documents for a web site form a single set.
It may not be obvious from how I express myself, but I was trying to use my antora-pdf experiment to give an example of one system invocation (telling antora-pdf to build the site, i.e. operate on one source set of documents) that both creates web pages in more or less 1-1 correspondence to source documents (e.g, partials and other sorts  of inclusions may distort this 1-1 slightly) _and_ produce some large pdfs that likely correspond to an Antora component-version.

I’m not sure we’re understanding each  other, since I think that our words are nearly the same but the conclusions might be opposite :-).  If you can point out anywhere I’m being unclear (my specialty ;-) that would be great.

David Jencks