PMC Minutes December 14, 2006
|Cliff Schmidt||Wayne Beaton||John Duimovich|
|Bjorn Freeman-Benson||Ward Cunningham|
After further reflection, conversation, and re-reading of the submissions, the Technology PMC in its role as the EclipseCon 2006 Technology & Scripting sub-PC chooses to accept these talks:
We checked the follow characteristics of the submissions:
- Community comments: We were disappointed at the lack of community comments on the submissions. 7/25 had one comment, the rest none. We accepted 5 of those 7 and declined 2.
- Duplicate presentations: None of our accepted presenters have other submissions.
- Discussion with the authors: When we had discussions with the authors, the accepted talk authors responded quickly. A few of the declined talk authors never responded to questions from the program committee which led us to assume a lack of interest on the part of the submitter.
- PC votes: There were few PC votes either from within our sub-PC or overall.
- Community votes: As per Bjorn's blog post, we discounted community votes that did not include comments.
- Eclipse projects: Talks about Eclipse projects were given a slight priority.
- Premature results: Topics that appeared premature were given a much lower priority.
Also see our comments from the last meeting.
Current project mentors: