Eclipse Community Award Winners Announced
Reston, Virginia - March 26, 2012 - The Eclipse Foundation congratulates the winners of the annual Eclipse Community Awards, which recognize the top individuals, projects and technologies in the ecosystem. Recipients were honored at an awards ceremony March 26 on the opening day of EclipseCon 2012.
The Individual Awards acknowledge people that give their time and resources to make Eclipse a better community. Winners were selected by their peers in an online vote.
- Top Committer: Sven Efftinge
- The finalists are Daniel Megert and Kim Moir
- Top Contributors: Stephan Herrmann and Alex Blewitt
- Top Newcomer Evangelist: Lars Vogel
- The finalists are Russell Bateman and Lu Yang
- Lifetime Contribution Award: Ed Merks
The Project Awards recognize Eclipse projects for introducing innovative new features and fostering an open community. Winners were selected by their peers in an online vote.
- Most Open Project: Eclipse Communication Framework
- Most Innovative New Feature or Eclipse Project: Eclipse Code Recommenders
Technology Awards recognize Eclipse-based open source projects and commercial products. Winners were selected by a panel of judges from the Eclipse community. Products were evaluated on their user interfaces, innovation and completeness of their solutions.
- Best Developer Tool: Chronon Time Travelling Debugger
- Best Modeling Product: MaintainJ
- The finalist is UMLet
- Best Application: Justinmind Prototyper
Eclipse is an open source community, whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes for building, deploying and managing software across the lifecycle. A large, vibrant ecosystem of major technology vendors, innovative start-ups, universities and research institutions and individuals extend, complement and support the Eclipse Platform.
The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects. Full details of Eclipse and the Eclipse Foundation are available at www.eclipse.org.
All company/product names and service marks may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies