Von: wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Simon Bernard
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016 14:32
An: Wakaama developer discussions <wakaama-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [wakaama-dev] Wakaama block2

Thx Achim :)

1) I understand that the RFC7959 say that block2 can be done at requester initiative or not. I would like to get confirmation that currently Wakaama support block 2 only at requester initiative ?

2)So, you agree there is a problem with the current implementation ?
I'm not sure using ETAG is the right solution.

     2.a) ETAG is not really mandatory.
     2.b) As you said this could be difficult to implement because of object, instance, resource hierarchy
     2.c) For changing resources like time or sensor value, we can never be able to have a constant ETAG.

Maybe a solution could be to use a buffer like we do for block1 ? (this is less efficient at memory point of view, but it fixes this issue and avoid to build the whole payload for each blocks)

3)ok, but you confirm there is no support of block2 for notification in wakaama ?

Simon