Re: [udig-dev] Eclipse4 support for uDig

Just an update on that ..

Recently I pushed a branch to my fork (https://github.com/fgdrf/udig-platform/tree/luna-support-fgdrf) that has the following changes:

* updated target definition (added missing orbit bundles and switched to luna update site)
* included luna target definition in root pom.xml
* excluded language support (babel) temporary in product and features
* removed entries in feature.xml that were not valid anymore (eclipse-update)

I was able to
* start the application on macosx (64bit)
* add shapefiles
* add geotiffs
* add remote services
* measure distances
* use info tool
* change style
* open online help (opens an external browser)
* export map as image (png)
* export pdf from print editor

Inline-Bild 1

TODO : make a release again -

@Jody could you undertake this task?

- Frank

Just validated the build by myself and I'm not sure at the moment what went wrong.

Build-steps were all fine product with docs compiled and packaged. What I've seen and makes me wondering:
* a new target definition for luna has been define
* it contains the following line I don't understand in context with tycho:

      <location path="${eclipse_home}" type="Profile"/>

      What's the eclipse home during the build? At the end my product has still 3.7.2 (thats Indigo release). Do I have to parametrize the build itself? What do I miss right here?

* the target maven modul has not been added to the parent maven modul udig-targets
* in the root pom.xml file still Indigo target-definition is referenced:

                    <target>
                        <artifact>
                            <groupId>org.locationtech.udig-target</groupId>
                            <artifactId>udig-indigo-target</artifactId>
                            <version>3.7</version>
                        </artifact>
                    </target>

I assume that Tom build and started uDig from with an Kepler Installation (that possibly has all required emf, gef, etc.. bundles and features installed).

Conclusion : tycho/maven build still builds against the old target-Definition and maybe thats the reason for the given behavior (IService .. called twice, some exception during shut down application, etc)

I'll give it a try to modify the target definition to make maven happy.

Cheers
- Frank

I'm not sure i need/should get read access because i'm hired shortterm to push udig to Eclipse4. In the ideal case udig would be modified to be a pure e4 app but this is a huge task and nothing i'm hired for!

To sum up i'm fine doing pull requests!

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet