Re: [udig-devel] Move KML Import/Export Capabilities into a separate bundle

Andrea, thanks for your feedback :)

Comments inline...

2012/4/13 andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx>:
> It is really ok for and I am happy this leads to a serious kml tool. I
> added the functionality without very deep thought, more based on what
> geotools already had. So I am +1 for this.

Nice!

> the only thing I would do is to move it to a:
>
> eu.udig.tools.kml
> or maybe even
> eu.udig.kml
> since it has surely nothing to do with jgrass.

I let "jgrass" in bundle to remember where it was coming from  ;) But
you are right, no dependencies to jgrass -> bundle name without it

The general question is : how to structure the bundle names in the
future, properly a simple "addon" would be better than tools, because
if I read tools I expect to do something with it. Right now these are
just wizards ...

 eu.udig.addon.kml or better prepared for the future :  eu.udig.catalog.kml ?

@Jody Whats your favorite?

> Are you planning to make it a kind of datastore, i.e. load kml
> directly in the catalog? Or would it be more a import/export tool?

Not yet, I need only the functionality to import/export kml's (and
that what I like to contribute kmz's as well). The solution you
provided with the temporal datastore is pretty nice, the user has the
chance to decide. In the future it would be great to have a store as
well to create/edit/delete features. Hmm sounds like a cool addon,
doesn't it?

Ciao,
Frank

Back to the top