[udig-devel] Move KML Import/Export Capabilities into a separate bundle

Hello List,
Hi Andrea,

I just had a look at the eu.udig.tools.jgrass bundle and I would like
propose a refactoring to extract the kml import/export feature into a
separate bundle.

What do you think about a new bundle ed.udig.tools.jgrass.kml that is
basically taken from the mentioned bundle above and from package
eu.udig.tools.jgrass.kml

I'd like to describe the reason: First of all, it has no other
dependencies then geoapi, geotools and core udig api.
IMHO its easier to configure an end-user-product thats would like to
have kml support has nor requirements to show and analyze profiles,
have CVS support and all the other nice features from the tools.jgrass
bundle.

Last but not least its easier to maintain and enhance (e.g. kml style support)

In case you like the idea, should I create a new RFC for this
enhancement as well as a new issue in jira? Do you have other
suggestions?

Cheers
Frank

Back to the top