Re: [udig-devel] launch of net.refractions.udig product fails

These are my steps:

DOWNLOADS:
eclipse-modeling-helios-incubation-win32.zip
eclipse-3.6-delta-pack.zip
udig-1.2.0-sdk.zip
dropins-3.6.0.zip
jre1.6.0_17.win32_gdal_ecw.zip

FOLDERS SETUP:
1 - Unzipped eclipse-modeling-helios-incubation-win32.zip to a folder
named "eclipse_rcp_helios"
2 - Created a folder for the workspace named "eclipse_rcp_workspace"
2 - Created a folder named "target"

FOLDERS FILL:
1 - Unzip the JRE to "eclipse_rcp_helios" (I can see the jai* libs
inside the Preferences)
2 - Unzipped dropins-3.6.0.zip "eclipse_rcp_helios"
3 - Unzipped udig-1.2.0-sdk.zip and eclipse-3.6-delta-pack.zip to "target"

ECLIPSE CONFIGURATION:
1 - Set the target in the Plugin-dev preferences. I've loaded both
delta pack and udig sdk. The result is picture [1]. I've set this
target active.
NOTICE that the number of plugins differ from the Quickstart guide.
2 - Set the compile compliance to 1.5
3 - I've opened the Plugin view (picture [2]), and imported the
net.refractions.udig as source.

Now I have the situation depicted in the picture I've sent in the
first post: http://a.imageshack.us/img413/5928/udigeclipsesdk1.png

IMPORTANT: if I open the run configuration I get a notification
(picture [3]) on the product field.

giovanni

[1] http://a.imageshack.us/img833/9272/target.png
[2] http://a.imageshack.us/img841/9673/pluginsview.png
[3] http://a.imageshack.us/img832/2158/runconfiguration.png

2010/8/27 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>:
> [...]
>
> On 27/08/2010, at 6:01 PM, G. Allegri wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jody for the reply.
>> There's something strange in my configuration (I think).
>> If I run from the Launch configuration I receive
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench"
>> could not be found in the registry. The applications available are:
>> net.refractions.udig.tutorials.customapp.id1,
>> net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp.application,
>> net.refractions.udig.ui.application, org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner,
>> org.eclipse.equinox.app.error,
>> org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication,
>> org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication,
>> org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool,
>> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.uitestapplication,
>> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.legacytestapplication,
>> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.coretestapplication,
>> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.coretestapplicationnonmain,
>> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.nonuithreadtestapplication,
>> org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate,
>> org.eclipse.update.core.siteOptimizer.
>>       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
>>       at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
>>       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
>>       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
>>       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
>>       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
>>       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
>>
>> As you can see from [1], the application to launch is
>> org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench. If I change the option to launch a
>> product (net.refractions.udig.product), uDig starts (with lots of
>> warnings, but this is another story).
>>
>> The plugin tab shows no plugins in workspace. Thay appear if I change
>> the combo "Launch with:", and I select "plugins selected below only"
>> or "features...".
>>
>> I don't know what's wrong. It seems that the configuration, shipped
>> with the net.refractions.udig product plugin doesn't fit for me...
>>
>> giovanni
>>
>> [1]: http://a.imageshack.us/img831/6931/launchconfig1.png
>> [2]: http://a.imageshack.us/img844/1480/launchconfig2.png
>> [3]: http://a.imageshack.us/img830/6294/targetplatform.png
>>
>> 2010/8/27 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> That sounds correct to me; one thing to is to do is ..
>>> 2. open up Run Configuration
>>> 3. select the uDig configuration; and go to the plugins tab