Re: [udig-devel] tutorials.rcp does not work

Comments inline...

On 13/08/2010, at 1:34 AM, Silin, Konstantin wrote:

Solved.The problem was broken dependencies in the .product. The workaround was deleting all three and re-adding the org.eclipse.rcp and and net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp_feature. The feature net.refractions.udig.rcp_feature though does not exist, so I added net.refractions.udig and it worked.

It should exist; perhaps it is only created in the tutorial workbook. Adding net.refractions.udig would defeat the purpose of the the tutorial (which is to package up uDig stuff and have it not look anything like uDig).

Nope here it is:
- features/net.refractions.udig.rcp_feature/feature.xml

 The quickstart works fine with 1.2 SDK. The workaround with the dependencies (p.13) is no longer needed.

Should I commit the changes in .product and the Quickstart .odt? (Im still new to uDig and RCP, so I don’t want to break sth)

That would be great :-) Your svn credentials can also be used to upload the PDF to the webdav directory (http://udig.refractions.net/tutorials/). Or if you would like reply to this message after you have made the change and I can review and make the PDF.

Thanks for getting involved Konstantin,
Jody

Back to the top