Re: [udig-devel] generic geotools datastore support

Jody Garnett wrote:
Yeah progress! Well progress bar; well not say yeah :-P

Progress yes, but progress bar, no. Grey dialogs.

I am not sure what we should do about progress calculating bounding boxes :-(

I have thought of popping up a dialog and asking a user for the bounds if it "takes too long"; but if you have many many tables that will be a trouble. I could try putting off the calculation until you first use the layer ...

I wonder why udig is trying to get the bbox at this point. It should first list the tables, and only get the bbox after I select the tables. But this is probably something coming from geotools.

FYI: the dialog is still blocked. I'm waiting to see if it'll return before I start my weekend :-)

I also get loads of

WARNING: No primary key or unique index found for MY_TABLE.
Apr 23, 2010 11:13:59 AM org.geotools.jdbc.JDBCDataStore getPrimaryKey

But I think/hope this is only a warning.

Cheers,

Ugo

I think the best would be a dialog that shows the world; the bounds visually as they are being calculated and the option to stop the calculation at any point (adding 10% to the edges to buffer it a bit).

Cheers,
Jody