Re: [udig-devel] Logging in uDig, DB2 JDBC driver setup

David Adler wrote:
When attempting to connect to a DB2 for z/OS database, the connection dialog puts up a "connecting to database" message for a few seconds but doesn't successfully connect or report any connection failure.

Is there anyplace to look for error messages?
The Help menu submit error log has it; as does the about box. The online help has details...
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Submit+Error+Log
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/View+Error+Log+and+Configuration+Details

Log messages are usually enabled via the Eclipse tracing mechanism... here are docs for wms:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Tracing+WMS+Calls

I am not sure what the right entries are for DB2....internally for this stuff we kick the Java logging when the plugin starts up.
I tried to turn on Java logging by modifying udig\eclipse\jre\lib\logging.properties but don't get any logging output.

Also, the first time after uDig is installed and a DB2 layer is selected, a dialog is displayed to select the location of the DB2 JDBC driver files. How does uDig know that this is the first time?
I think it checks to see if it has preference settings for the DB2 plugin.
To run with DB2 for z/OS, a different license file is required but one doesn't get a second chance to specify the JDBC driver files. I manually copied the file to the appropriate place in the uDig install subdirectory but don't know if this solved the problem since I still can't connect.
You can go into the preference page for DB2 and choose different drivers later.

Can I ask what version you are using today David?
Jody

Back to the top